Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Sustainable Object

As most of you know, our theme for this journey was sustainability. For our first sustainability assignment we were asked to design an object that could be used in our group. I am in the marvelous light group and here is my sustainable lighting object.



Now, I know what you are thinking, but this is not just any old skylight. I designed this object to optimize the use of natural light in a residence, or a business. My inspiration for this object, in complete honesty, was that I hated that there was no natural light in a lot of older buildings we visited while we were abroad. This object I have designed is powered by natural light. The light comes through the windows and reflects off of the panels, as you can see. These reflective panels transfer light to other parts of the room. The panels have heat sensors that rotate along with the path of the sun throughout the day. Not only do these panels reflect light, but they store the energy from the light as well to power the rotation they go through throughout the day. Never again will a skylight leave a little patch of light on the floor, but completely fill a room!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home